To be eligible for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you must meet certain standards in English language proficiency, with the results valid as at 1 January 2024. At minimum, you must have:
- an IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- a TOEFL internet-based test (iBT) score of at least 84, with a minimum of 21 in all sub-tests; or
- a PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Women, people with disability and those from ethnic minorities are permitted to submit an overall IELTS score of at least 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score). However, if selected for the Scholarship, they must meet the English language admission requirement of the relevant Australian institution.
English language testing
The cost of English language testing can be high. Proper preparation considering your individual needs is key to successfully submitting your application.
Please visit the following websites for more details:
- British Council — Bangladesh
- IDP — International Education Specialists
- Pearson — PTE Academic in Bangladesh
- ETS — TOEFL
People with disability wishing to apply are encouraged to get in touch with English language test centres as early as possible, as the testing facility will need time to make necessary adjustments to meet individual needs.